Monday, September 22, 2014

Happy Mail!

Here is what I got today from Because You Count : 
A 7x7 piece of 28ct Cashel Linen in Echo for Trick or Treat Couple by The Frosted Pumpkin
2 spools of Kreinik#4 032 for Hannah Lynn
Thread Heaven
3 Skeins of Weeks Dye Works, 1 in Kohl and 2 in Cocoa
2 Skeins of The Gentle Art in Endive

The Kohl is for Halloween Spooky Sampler by The Frosted Pumpkin and Cocoa and Endive are for Promise Me by Lizzie Kate.  

I have started using the Kreinik while I was waiting for these picture to load.  The pattern says to use 2 strands, but I think that looks bad so I picked that out and am now just using 1 strand and it looks much, much better.  This is my first time using metallics so if anyone has any hints I would be forever grateful! :)

 And here is some *small* progress on Beatrix Potter Bunnies.
My oldest just got home from school with his first ever homework.  He has to write his name out every night this week and return it at the end of the week and he had a MELTDOWN!  He doesn't like homework, he doesn't think he should have to do it, there was feet stomping and everything!  He even asked me if I would do his homework for him.  But the homework is now done and he lost tv privileges for the rest of the night.  So I hope I nipped that in the bud and tomorrow night it will be a quick write your name and we will move on with our day... fingers crossed.

UPDATE:  The boy just brought me in a worm and told me he found a baby snake in the dirt.  I guess all is well in the world again.... BOYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment