Monday, May 25, 2015

This is going to kill me...

Hiya!!  I used to work with a girl who always greeted me with Hiya :)

This tatted doily is going to do me in!!  It absolutely kills my hand.  Carpal-tunnel or something I think is causing me the pain so I can only do a little bit then take a break until my hand wakes back up and stops throbbing.  No pain no gain they say, but I think that is better suited to working out and not tatting.  :)

This still needs to be starched so it lays nicer.  It will help all the parts go where they are supposed to and not twist up anymore.  


I am learning this pattern from youtube and if anyone wants to go check the videos out here they are:







Part 3 took me the better part of the day.  It also didn't help that I had half of it done before I realized I was joining the wrong picots together and had to cut all that part off. :(  

And since it took me all day and I had to go donate blood tonight, which I wasn't able to do because my iron was too low, I didn't get one stitch in on Hannah Lynn!  It isn't very often that I don't at least cross one stitch.  Oh well tomorrow is a new day :)

 Happy whatever you are doing today :)xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it is so beautiful! But be careful of hand/wrist injury - that is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! And thankfully my hand doesn't hurt when I am cross stitching :) I don't know what I would do then!! ha :)

      Delete