Sunday, May 3, 2015

A lovely time was had by all

Hi!  I am back from retreat.  I didn't have to travel too far as the retreat center is only 5 minutes down the road.  The benefits of living on a small island.  I had the most wonderful time, great company and great food and best of all a ton of laughing.  I have discovered that stitchers are the most fun people to play charades with!!  What a hoot!  I also got a lot of stitching done as you can see below with my first Mirbilia, Titania, Queen of the Fairies!!  

Isn't she gorgeous already?!  I am in love and can't wait to do the my next Mirabilia.  

I also made a few purchases while I was there.  The shop from New Brunswick, Because You Count comes over and has a little pop up shop for us.  This picture is the beads, treasures and Kreinik for Titania.


There are a few charts I got at the cleaning out your stash table from other retreat goers.


And these were my new purchases from the shop.  A skein of Carriage Black by The Gentle Art to finish my Quoth the Raven, Christmas means more by Heart in Hand, it is a quote from The Grinch (which is my favorite Christmas movie.  (Cartoon not the live action one.)  And Hen Party by Little House Needleworks with the hand dyed thread and beads.  This one will be for my aunt.  When I was little from about age 8 - 15 or so she used to have "chicken parties", as she called them, for all her younger nieces and those parties are one of my most favorite childhood memories.  It started out just being my sister and me when our parents had gone away for the weekend or whatever they were doing and by the end of it there were 5-6 going each time.  We usually went once or twice a year or more if we could talk her into it.  So that will be for her for Christmas or birthday or just whenever I get it done.  I had a wild notion to make one for each of the chicken party participants but we will see how the first one goes.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!  Happy stitching!

6 comments:

  1. beautiful new start, love the colors ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith! I am really enjoying stitching her :)

      Delete
  2. Love your mirabilia
    Beuatiful new stash
    Esmeralda from holland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esmeralda! I am really excited to get my new things started :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful stitching !! Love the colors:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preeti!! And I agree, I love stitching with these colors :)

      Delete